Kia Niro has been named the Women's World Car of the Year 2023
16 March, 2023
Kia New Zealand’s team is celebrating International Women’s Day with exciting news:
The Kia Niro has been named the Women’s World Car of the Year 2023.
The journalists judging the Women’s World Car of the Year have chosen the Kia Niro as the World’s Best Car for 2023. The announcement of the winner coincides with International Women’s Day, a very special date not only because it gives women a voice but also because of the link in many countries between the automobile and personal autonomy. Before casting their votes, the 63 motoring journalists from 43 countries tested dozens of models and evaluated every detail.
In the end, and after much scrutiny, the scales tipped heavily in favour of the Kia Niro. Here’s what some of the judges said:
- “The Kia Niro delivers a complete package that is clearly worthy of this award. Its numerous powertrain options, stylish design, easy-to-use technology, comfortable seating and budget-friendly packaging make it stand out among a field of fierce competition” Elana Scherr, USA.
- “Kia continues to impress me… After the EV 6 and Sportage models, the Kia Niro offers a flexible vehicle, an attractive design, quality/luxury and a range of engines where all drivers can match their mobility needs. I especially appreciate the comfortable space and the technology. A car that has everything to please…”, Sabrina Parant, Belgium.
- “The Kia Niro offers a functional interior, good driving performance, and different powertrains, along with an attractive price that makes it an excellent choice for everyday driving” Jil McIntosh, Canada.
- “The new Kia Niro largely follows the same successful recipe as the old Niro with a choice of both a combustion engine (from hybrid to plug-in-hybrid) and fully electric car. Until its last year of production, the first Niro was an unprecedented success in the Netherlands. No model sold better. We were eagerly awaiting the new upgraded model which did not disappoint. It is smarter, more stylish, more modern, more efficient and slightly roomier” Odiel Mennink, Netherlands.
- “Kia Niro a practical little city car that gives you everything you need in an affordable package” Renuka Kirpalani, India.
- “The Kia Niro is a spacious, stylish, efficient and practical car that is right on trend with its size, design and drive” Petra Mühr, Austria.
- “One of the best hybrid vehicles with the best performance and dynamics”, Giovanna Alvarado, Peru.
- “Spacious, practical, available with several eco-friendly powertrains (HEV, PHEV and BEV) with low consumption”, Solveig Grewe, Germany.
- “A vehicle I would highly recommend to any man, woman or family due to its endless array of safety features, long warranty and spacious interior packed with modern technology. What mother or father wouldn’t feel safe driving their children around in a Kia Niro”, Alix Capper-Murdoch, Republic of Cyprus and Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus.
Managing Director of Kia New Zealand, Todd McDonald, expressed his delight in receiving this prestigious international award. He highlighted the outstanding features of the all-new generation Kia Niro, which include significant updates in safety, aesthetics, design, and technology, along with a range of low and no-emission powertrain alternatives. Moreover, all models in the Kia Niro range qualify for a Clean Car rebate in New Zealand, including a Hybrid, PHEV and full electric options.
Customers are encouraged to test drive the Kia Niro to experience its impressive features firsthand.
Why should you consider the Kia Niro;
- Fuel efficiency: A range of advanced engines including petrol, hybrid and EV.
- Performance: A SUV with recently developed engineering.
- Spacious interior: Despite its compact size, the Kia Niro has a surprisingly roomy interior with plenty of space for passengers and cargo.
- Advanced features: The Kia Niro is equipped with advanced features such as Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, and a suite of driver-assist technologies for added safety and convenience.
- Affordability: The Kia Niro is priced competitively, making it an affordable option for those looking to save money on both fuel and upfront costs.
EXPERIENCE THE KIA NIRO
Contact our team more.
Book a Test Drive
Our team can also arrange a virtual appointment and confirm availability and specification.
Latest Motoring News
First Kia EV5 arrives in New Zealand ahead of mid-year launch
The first example of the new Kia EV5, the smaller sibling of the multi...
Kia wins dual Good Design Awards for EV9 SUV and Infotainment System
Kia has claimed two prestigious accolades at the Good Design Awards 2023,...
Kia secures top honours in 2023 Golden Steering Wheel Awards
The new Kia flagship EV9 has continued its awards success with a Golden...
Kia EV9 Wins Luxury Category in German Car of the Year 2024 Awards
The three-row, seven-seat Kia EV9 electric SUV, has been selected within the...